Monday, December 16, 2013

An idea...

Noodling around with the Webley .32, I suddenly got an idea.

One of the oddest features of the little Webley/H&R automatics is their thumb-operated manual safety. It's located fairly far forward on the gun to those used to Browning-pattern pistols and, worse, its operation is backwards: Up is for "fire" and down is for "safe".

However, the lever is a long and thin one and almost seems to be designed to keep the thumb from fouling the slide as it almost certainly would if the positions were reversed. Obviously I need to go do some shooting with this thing.

2 comments:

eugene hickok said...

Hello,
I have a Red Jacket No4 and I need 32 (.31) caliber rim fire ammo. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where we might find it.

Tam said...

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=8154 is the best I can tell you.